Thursday, January 6, 2011

Stop Biting Off More Than I Can Chew

Taking on those orders last night was a big mistake. I was too tired, feeling ill, and did not have enough time to do everything I needed to do.

I was three hours late for work this morning. I had three LARGE bags of cakes to amble into work with on a bus and three trains. It was one of those mornings where I should have picked up the phone and called for help. Yes! I need a ride! Yes! Please do me that favor you're always offering to throw me! Yes! I am desperate and I wouldn't ask if I wasn't absolutely fucked right now!!

But, my pride wouldn't allow it. So, I knocked over fellow passengers on the bus, cut off people heading into the subway, and took my sweet time trying to get through the turnstyle with my enormous bags.

I'm very tired. I haven't showered. I'm still not packed. I am most definitely coming down with a bad chest cold or lung infection. This is bad. Really, really bad. And I'm flying into the ass-crack of WINTER in an area at least one mile up off the ground. The air is thinner, I can't breathe, and I'm getting sick.

Oh, this is going to be fun. The extra pocket money I ended up with was not worth me putting myself through all that last night. Next time, the answer will be No. (At least, I'll try really hard to make sure the answer is NO!)

Okay, let's go to a wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment