Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Superbowl Overflow

So, for the first time ever, I had a Superbowl party at my own house! I had 7 of my friends come and my brother had a handful of his. So, it was a full house last Sunday. Since my disastrous 8th grade party where my dad interrupted my spin the bottle 5 min in Heaven game with my JHS friends, I have never had another party at my parent's house. Out of boredom and a little pushing from my friends who missed hanging out with me and my cooking; I went ahead with it.

We had a make your own nacho station complete with turkey chili keeping warm in my slow cooker. I had a make your own quesadilla station with a quesadilla maker. There were mussels in white wine, paellla, Italian sausage and sweet peppers, stuffed jalapeno boats, shrimp and pork wontons, Korean barbecue beef (which came out much later) slow roasted ribs, pernil, and a chocolate fountain. I wish I took pictures, but I didn't.

My table was gadget-central with it's own circuit breaker plug ready to take the load. I had the slow cooker, quesadilla maker, panini press, and chocolate fountain all plugged in keeping things warm and cooking. I snagged this pic from Josh's wall. (Thanks, Josh!)

My mom thinks I didn't make enough of a variety. Next time, I need to concentrate on more finger foods. The mussels and paella were not a big hit. =(

Other than that, I got my driving skills on by dropping off my coworker and his girl at the LIRR station on Jamaica Ave, and then heading down to 179th street to take Josh & Candi to the train so they could head back to the city. I was so grateful so many people showed up, and from so far away! I kept my drinking down to just two shots of SoCo so that I would be able to drive them back safely. My mom was not happy about my un-licensed self driving without my brother, but he was wasted and frankly he wouldn't have fit in the car anyway. I was the lesser of two evils.

Driving with heavier traffic and doing well gave me that extra shot of confidence I've been lacking. This year, my permit will become a license! I can guarantee that. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment